A new home can be very exciting; it’s definitely an adventure. We just moved into the Austin area and as exciting it can be, there are also some things to consider before you move all of your stuff into your home. We have moved twice and for some reason we didn’t remember the mistakes that we made on our first move. I have a list of things to do before you move your stuff into your new home. This will definitely make the process much easier.
- If you know the house has been sitting for more than a month make sure to run the water before taking a shower, washing your hands, washing the dishes, hooking up the water to your fridge, and even washing your clothes. We had black water come out when I was about to take a shower. It smelled disgusting too! My suggestion is to get a bucket and let the water out of the hose for the washer and fridge. More than likely your going to have a lot of gunk that comes out.
- Scrub the floors and shampoo your carpets before moving in boxes. We need to shampoo our carpets and we can’t because we have boxes everywhere. I strongly recommend doing this before you move in.
- Have a plan of where everything is going to go before you start moving in boxes. This would have help tremendously if I had a plan beforehand. Now, I can’t find anything and everything is disorganized.
- Have everything set up before you move in. Make sure the electricity, Internet, cable, water, and etc. is set up. We have been without Internet for three days and it was killing me because obviously my job is done online.
- Let the post office know your new address before moving in. You would hate to lose some mail in the whole process.
We knew to do these things, but I guess with all of the stress of moving we forgot. It would have been a much smoother process if we had done everything on this list prior to moving in.
We hope to update you soon on our new home.
We all need a ladies day out the same as guys need their “guy-time.” Do you ever look in your closet and get stressed out because you have no idea what you are going to wear? I spend most of my time in work out clothes except when I go to events. It can get stressful trying to figure out what to wear for a ladies day out.
Moving to a new city can be exciting but very stressful at the same time. If you have been following along with the blog then you might already know that we packed up from Houston Texas and we are now living in Austin Texas.
The last time I was in New Mexico I was five years old. When my best friend invited us to go with her I couldn’t pass up the opportunity because I’ve been wanting to make a trip that way. I was hesitant about going because we are on a budget, trying to buy a house and all. It all ended up working out. We would have loved to travel all over New Mexico to explore but we didn’t have the time, nor the money. We decided to pick one place and explore that one town. We picked Carlsbad. Carlsbad is only about 5 hours from my hometown Abilene, Tx. I drove to Abilene and stayed for the night. The next day we took off to Carlsbad Caverns.
When you see the title “Appreciate Your Bad Experiences” it almost makes you think it sounds ridiculous. As crazy as it sounds it can be very true to learning and growing from past experiences. You can look at a bad situation in two ways. It can either be a blessing in disguise in some way, or it can leave you bitter and worst off. My pick is for a bad situation is to teach me something.
We all can probably think of at least 1 bad experience in our life. Some of us may even have a very recent bad experience with Hurricane Harvey. It’s important to get to a point of accepting the situation and to make the best out of it.
We have desperately been needing a date night since the move to Austin, Texas. We have been extremely busy dealing with house business such as selling our home back in Houston and buying a home in Austin. On top of that school is about to start, plus trying to get settled into our apartment has not been so easy and trying to get on a schedule. A date night is just what we are needing.
God’s word is the truth and the enemy will do all that he can to confuse and deceive us. I’ve experienced the fire of the Holy Spirit and I want to be able to continue to be filled with the Holy Spirit. I want to keep growing and expand my faith. I was taken back by some discouragement that I received from someone close to me. I woke up this morning and I prayed and read the bible. It’s funny and amazing how God works. I had something in my heart and I couldn’t necessarily put into words until I got a text from a sister in Christ. Everything that I felt and I couldn’t say she said in a text from a devotional.
It’s time again to get the kids ready for school. There is the school shopping, taking care of all the paperwork to enroll your kids into school, getting in to see the Doctor for a checkup, shopping for supplies, also getting back on a routine. It can all get really stressful.