It is so hard for me to find time to exercise and just to stay healthy. I have a full time job keeping up with my blog, my son’s schoolwork, church, house duties, and etc. The list goes on and on. I noticed my health started to decline because I was sitting at my desk for most of the day. My hand would hurt and it would start to go numb. I then realized that I needed to make a change in my life. I didn’t want to pay the money to join a gym, so I started to make little changes in my routine. The results are amazing!
1. I put an alarm on my phone to get up from my desk every 20 minutes. I walk back and forth in the hallway 5 times and then I go back to my desk.
2. Anytime I go to the store. I park far away from the door so I can get some walking time in. Bonus – avoiding door dings!
3. While I’m brushing my teeth or I’m doing my hair, I do leg lifts standing up.
4. While I’m doing laundry I do squats.
5. While I’m cooking I run in place.
6. While I’m doing dishes I work out my calves by getting on my tippy toes and back down flat-footed. I do 2 sets of 50.
7. I do some crunches while I watch tv.
8. I practice soccer with my son.
9. I walk while my son is at practice.
10. I do yoga once a week with my friend.
I got in a car accident last November and I haven’t been the same since. My anxiety was way more intense, almost beyond endurable. I would constantly feel like I couldn’t breathe. After I started to do all those things above, I noticed a complete change. My anxiety isn’t as bad as it was. I don’t have the pain in my hands anymore, and I feel better. I am still not completely 100 percent but I am getting there.
I get how life gets busy. Believe me! There are many ways we can keep in shape and stay healthy by just taking a little time to do things differently. It really can make a world of difference.
To see more posts like this: How to Feel Good & Get Energized or go to the menu bar and click Inspirational Tuesdays.
Thanks for reading,