Many people hire professionals to stage their home when they are trying to sell their home. For me, I wanted to do it myself. If you have been following Positively Beautiful Life then you know that we just moved and we have our house on the market. I get how someone would want to just hire someone so you don’t have to hassle with it. I wanted to save as much money as I could during this transition and this was one area that I could save the money if I did it myself.
Yes, it can be a lot of work but there is also a self of pride and accomplishment when you do it yourself. You don’t have to be a professional in order to stage your home beautifully. Here are a couple of tips.
Staging Your Home
- Declutter: Whatever you are not using pack it up. The more emptier the space is the bigger it looks. An example would be that I had a guest bedroom that had two beds but once I got rid of one of the beds the room looked so much roomier.
- Paint your home a neutral color: If you have color on your walls I suggest that you paint them a neutral color, such as white, beige, or grey.
- Depersonalize: You will want to take down any family pictures. The key is so that when people look at your house that they can see their own family in that home.
- Take down religious or organizational items: (optional) This is all a preference. For me I kept some of my crosses but I did take down a full wall of crosses. Less is best!
- Clean: Make sure to do a top to bottom cleaning. You want to make sure that house looks presentable.
- Decorate with neutral colors if possible: You want to make sure that the decor isn’t overpowering.
- Organize: Make sure that everything looks cohesive and everything is organized.
- Beautiful landscaping: Even if you do it yourself like we did. The front of the house needs to catch your eye.
- Personalize a note: I typed a note to everyone who came to look at the house. It was titled “What I Love About This Home” Make sure to put the note in a picture frame. I also had candies right beside the note.
Here are a couple of examples:
To read more posts like this go to: DIY Oak Stairs Project
Thanks for reading,