Summer is exciting and I’m a mom who enjoys her child being home, but it is all too easy to get off to the wrong start. Having your kids home all summer can be exhausting, frustrating, and frankly just plain hard. For the moms who are stay at home moms and for the one’s who homeschool, God bless y’all! Y’all are amazing!
It can be difficult to transition from your child going to school for most of the day during the school week to being at home for 24/7. I am listing some tips that help me. I do only have one child which can be a lot easier compared to having more than one child at home. I do believe these tips can still be helpful.
Tips To Survive The Summer With Your Kids
- The word Redo is my favorite word this summer. If you are arguing, yelling, or you just said something you regret and it’s escalating; don’t hesitate to say let’s redo this. It’s a new start with a clean slate. I have written a post about this that tells your further. Check it out here.
- Get the kids out of the house. Even if it’s just around the block. A different scenery can make all the difference in the world.
- Make sure the kids are well rested and they are not hungry. Being tired and hungry can make the worst come out of your kids and yourself. They can be teens and this still applies to them. To see a great post on this check it out here.
- Take time for you. Even if it’s 10 minutes. It’s vital to have some quiet time. We say it’s quiet time and everyone has to do a quiet activity.
- Plan out your day if you can. The more structure there is the better. Your kids are used to structure by going to school, so if you can incorporate that in then your day can go a lot smoother.
- Don’t react and Asses. This is a lot easier said than done. Your kids can make you angry and you want to react. The best thing is to assess the situation first. Find out why your child is acting up. Take time to take a deep breathe and then figure out what to do from there.
- Do what your kids want to do. They may want to you to something that you don’t want to but if you do it anyway, they will appreciate you that much more for it. This can really help your relationship. To see a great post on this go here.
- Enjoy your kids! They grow up way too fast so take lost of pictures and videos!
I hope these are some tips that you can incorporate into your life for the summer, but also all the time.